Halloween Party Games & Decorations
Crafts & Homemade Lifestyle

Halloween Party Games & Decorations

Halloween Party – Games and Decorations

We had our annual Halloween/Birthday party on Saturday. It’s safe to say it was a successful evening and plenty of spooky fun was had by all.Halloween Party Games & Decorations

*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you click on through and make a purchase.

We started decorating the house a few days before the party to give us a chance to get it all done without the inevitable stress of it being last minute. And it also gave the toddler a chance to get used to the scary faces.

A great trick in making some of the larger props a bit more friendly and a little less scary was giving them names. So we now have a rather dashing animated Dracula named Uncle Harry & an abnormally tall butler named Uncle Bruce.

Tall Animated Butler
Animated Butler
(aka Uncle Bruce)
Tall Animated Vampire
Tall Animated Vampire (aka Uncle Harry)

Rather than adding pictures of each prop, I decided to put together a little video to give you the full effect of each character in motion.

(Oh, I should warn you – I have zero video editing skills so please excuse the complete incompetence)

If you’re looking for Halloween Animated Decorations of your own Amazon do some great items. Here are some of my favourites:

*Click on the image for more information

Amazon Animated Zombie
Ground Breaker Zombie
Amazon Animated Clown
Killer Clown
Amazon Animated Grim Reaper
Grim Reaper
Amazon Animated Witch
Talking Witch
Halloween Wall Decal Decoration
Halloween wall decal
Halloween Cocoon Corpse Animated Decoration
Animated Cocoon Corpse

Fancy Dress to Impress

As well as the ghosts, ghouls, witches and Zombie decorations, our guests didn’t let us down and were all in fancy dress. We had skeletons, vampires, a zombie nurse, Harley Quinn, Morticia Addams and Uncle Fester, a baby pumpkin, Yoda and even (a half-arsed) Daenerys Targaryen riding a Dragon to name a few.

Halloween Party

Halloween Party Games

To really get your Halloween Party going you need some party games. You can tailor games depending on age range. Here are some party game ideas to get you started.

Pin The Nose on the Witch

Halloween Cocoon Corpse Animated Decoration

This a great party game for all ages. This little set from Amazon comes with a poster, noses and a blindfold.

Mummy Wrap Race

Again this is great for all ages. Buy a load of cheap loo roll, separate the kids (and the big kids) into groups of two and let them have at it. The team to wrap a team member completely in tissue (like a mummy) the quickest wins.

Apple Bobbing

The Halloween classic. I’m pretty certain every man (or woman) and their dog know how to play this game. But, in case you don’t, all you need is a big bowl of water and apples. Put the apples in the water and with hands tied behind their back, participants then try to get an apple out of the water with their teeth. Time each person and whoever gets the most apples within the time limit wins.

Halloween Trivia

A great game for adults after the kids have gone to bed is Halloween Trivia. It can be scary movie related or just general Halloween related questions. There are so many FREE printable’s available online. Or, just head to my ‘Halloween Ideas’ Pinterest Board.

Spider Race

You will need a Spider (preferably plastic) and a straw. Each person has to use the straw to blow the spider from one side of the room to the other, without touching the spider. Who gets there first wins.

Doughnut Bobbing

Similar to Apple Bobbing but this time you tie a ring doughnut to a piece of string dangling from the ceiling (we use a curtain pole). Each player has to eat the doughnut in the quickest time but using only their mouths. You might want to tie hands behind backs on this one, it’s very tempting to cheat.

Hopefully, I’ve given you some Halloween Party Games &  Decorations  ideas to start you off. Head to Pinterest where you’ll find plenty more. You’ll soon get your Halloween party off to a flying start.

Are you doing anything for Halloween this year? Do you dec your house out and try to scare small children?

X

My Random Musings
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday
Cuddle Fairy

One Clueless Mum

Sharing my Clueless experience of everything motherhood related to (hopefully) help you feel better about your own life.

You may also like...

22 Comments

1. I used to love apple bobbing, but it has to be said the doughnut bobbing sounds a whole lot better! Fabulous decorations x

#MMBC

1. One Clueless Mum says:

Sadly I don’t like doughnuts but the kids love it.

2. I love your names for the Halloween characters aka Uncle Harry and Uncle Bruce. #MMBC

1. One Clueless Mum says:

Haha, it had to be done. Although I feel like she’s grown a bit of an attachment to them now. How I’m getting them back in the loft I don’t know?!

2. We’re having our Halloween party on Saturday! Can’t wait! We will be playing games too, one we are doing is a guess what’s in the box game, lots of gooey, gross objects in a box, both hands in and guess what they are. I know it’s going to raise some laughs lol! #MMBC

3. Oh wow! Your house looks fab!
    As I write this my fella is putting our Halloween decorations up. They’re rubbish compared to yours! lol It sounds like you had a fab time x

1. One Clueless Mum says:

I’m sure that’s not true.
      We did have a good time, thank you.

4. I don’t remember Halloween being a big deal when I was a child and teenager. My children love it though and we plan to bake a French Halloween cake once we acquire a pumpkin. Your post gives inspiration to loads of your readers I am sure #MMBC

1. One Clueless Mum says:

Oh wow, a French Halloween cake sounds great!

5. eeeek! I think I might need to go and hide under the bedcovers now. Thanks for the scare.
    #mmbc

1. One Clueless Mum says:

Woops, sorry 😄.
      A few of our guests had a similar reaction.

6. I enjoyed the cool video. The decorations are fun but scary ! That bat with the glowing eyes – eeeeeek!

#Kcacols

7. These party games look like so much fun. Will be keeping them in mind for halloween

8. Your decorations are fabulous! We haven’t put many up this year , but E loved her trick or treating! #KCACOLS

9. It sounds like a really fun party. I used to love apple bobbing as a child but doughnuts sounds fun too 🙂

#MMBC

10. Wow! You really know how to decorate! I bet everyone had a good time. Love all the game ideas. We apple bob every year, but that is about it. We used to tie apples instead of doughnuts. I think your version is easier. #mmbc

1. One Clueless Mum says:

Thanks, we had a great time. Doughnuts is definitely easier and much more preferred by the kids 😁

11. Oh wow looks great! I wish I was more interested in decorating with Halloween! I’ve loved seeing people’s decorations this year. #KCACOLS

12. I was reluctant to click on this post as I still remember the pictures of your dementor decorations – I’m even more scared now after watching your video!! I’m just going focus on the idea of doughnut bobbing and hopefully I’ll be able to sleep tonight! #kcacols

1. One Clueless Mum says:

I would say sorry but I’m mostly not as it means it had the effect we wanted.
      I do hope you sleep well though 😊

13. So many things to be scared of at halloween. We had a really spooky time trick or treating this year. We just have to put up with the sugar rush kids afterwards!:)
    Mainy
    #KCACOLS

14. We had a kids Halloween party last weekend it was great fun. Some brilliant ideas the mummy race will be attempted next year! Amazing anamated decorations I haven’t seen these in action so great to see your video. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time